Abacus Genealogy Research
Expert genealogy and family history research for all English counties
but specializing in
Essex Cambridgeshire Huntingdonshire Hertfordshire
Bedfordshire Lincolnshire London Middlesex
Rates: £15 per hour or £80 per day, plus expenses
Payments may be made securely through PayPal (5% surcharge added)
Studying for the Higher Certificate of the Institute of Heraldic and Genealogical Studies
Member of the Essex Society for Family History I understand Latin, French, and German
35 years' experience of university research, editing, sub-editing, indexing, and genealogy
My published genealogical articles include:
- 'The Accuracy of the 1891 Census Pilot of Norfolk', Computers in Genealogy, Vol. 7 No. 5/6 (Mar./Jun. 2001), pp. 248-254
- 'ACAD - A Cambridge Alumni Database', Computers in Genealogy, Vol. 7 No. 8 (Dec. 2001), pp. 363-375
- 'Census Accuracy and Searching', Computers in Genealogy, Vol. 8 No. 11 (Sep. 2005), pp. 448-452
- 'Educating Families: Abbess Roding Church of England Parochial School', Essex Family Historian, No. 118 (Dec. 2005), pp. 18-22
- 'Why does Harry Potter's chum Ron have such red hair?'; [the family of actor Rupert Grint]; email me if you want a copy
My transcriptions include:
Click on the links for the Pollbooks. Email me if you would like me to send you a copy of the last two.
Contact me to discuss your requirements firstname.lastname@example.org
thing you should do is to ask all your relatives,
particularly older ones, about your family
You may well be able to get
some details of people going back to
the beginning of the 20th century
In addition to genealogical and family history research, I can help with
proofreading editing sub-editing report
photography accompanying you to record offices
If you have promotional or
advertising literature or a web site
think how much better they would
appear to your potential customers
if the spelling and grammar were
correct . . . contact me!
Greatly increased interest in genealogy and family history has been inspired
by the TV series "Who do you think you are?"
I can present a course: "Introduction to Genealogy Using Computers",
already run successfully many times at AgeUK in London.
| ||Testimonials from clients|
- On 25 May 2005 Mrs O. of Leeds [project O-004], wrote: "Thanks very much for your help - I'll be in touch if I need more research doing."
- On 23 August 2005 Ms G. of Benfleet [project P-005], wrote: "Many thanks for the work you have carried out so far; it will be of great interest to the family."
- On 29 August 2005 Mr R. of Australia [project R-005], wrote: "Thank you very much for your extraordinarily thoughtful and complete reply."
- On 31 August 2005 Mr H. of Walthamstow [project H-003], wrote: "I had no idea that you could find out this much about my family."
- On 16 January 2006 Ms E. of Ohio [project E-005], wrote: "I can't tell you how much I appreciate everything you did. I love the photos. It is extremely exciting to see where my 7th, 8th and 9th grandfathers came from. It was a wonderful surprise to see that you added some entries on the family."
- On 3 August 2006 Mr B. of Norfolk [project B-007], wrote: "I greatly appreciate your helpful comments."
- On 11 January 2007 Mr R. of Watford [project R-006], wrote: "Many thanks for package received the other day - extremely interesting!"
- On 6 April 2008 Ms N. of Hertfordshire [project N-005], wrote: "Your knowledge and work is great value for money, and I am hugely grateful for knowing all that has been searched."
- On 4 April 2010 Mr H. of London [project H-013], wrote: "I'm really impressed you've got that far. I'd pretty much given up on on getting any further. And I really knew nothing about my dad's side - I'm not sure he knows much about them either."
- On 9 November 2011 Dr M. of Cambridge [project T-011] wrote: "I have just been spending a happy time looking through the result in its new form: we printed it out. Invaluable!"
- On 11 February 2012 Mr Y. of Hertfordshire [project Y-006], wrote: "Many thanks for this! Incredibly interesting, and he ...
is definitely my father. The place and date of birth are right, and the
name ... rings all the bells with me! Thank you so much! We are all excited to find out more."
- On 8 April 2012 Mr P. of Texas [project P-014], wrote: "I really appreciate the promptness and thoroughness of your response. Your immediate interest and diligence is greatly appreciated and encouraging."
- On 16 May 2012 Mr DB of Norfolk wrote, "That file you sent me is amazing! I had no idea about my dad's family until you sent me that."